Prediction Italy vs Argentina June 2 2022
Italy and Argentina will duel in the 2022 Finalissima event , Thursday 2 June 2022. The match between the European champions and the South American champions will be held at Wembley Stadium, London, England, kick-off at 01:45 WIB.
Italy is the champion of Euro 2020 (which will be held in 2021). Gli Azzurri became champions after winning on penalties against England in the final at Wembley. Meanwhile, Argentina is the winner of the 2021 Copa America. In the final, La Albiceleste won 1-0 over Brazil through Angel Di Maria’s single goal.
The 2021 Copa America trophy itself is the first trophy presented by the captain Lionel Messi for his country.
After winning the Copa America, Messi and his friends also managed to secure a ticket to the main round of the 2022 World Cup from the South American qualifiers. This contrasts with Italy.
As the champion of Euro 2020, Italy actually experienced an anticlimactic. Giorgio Chiellini and his friends failed to qualify for Qatar 2022. They were tackled by North Macedonia in the European qualifying play-offs .
Italy and Argentina last met in a friendly in 2018. At that time, Italy lost 0-2. Argentina’s goals were scored by Manuel Lanzini and Ever Banega.
Italy (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Emerson, Chiellini, Bonucci, Di Lorenzo; Verratti, Jorginho, Barella; Insigne, Scamacca, Zaniolo.
Coach: Roberto Mancini.
Argentina (4-3-3): Emiliano Martinez; Acuna, Otamendi, Romero, Molina; Lo Celso, Guido Rodriguez, De Paul; Di Maria, Lautaro Martinez, Messi.
Coach: Lionel Scaloni.
Head-to-Head dan Performa
- Meeting: 15
- Italy win: 6
- Goal Italy: 22
- Draw: 5
- Argentina win: 4
- Argentina goal: 15.
Last 5 Meetings
- 23-03-2018 Italia 0-2 Argentina (Friendly)
- 14-08-2013 Italia 1-2 Argentina (Friendly)
- 28-02-2001 Italia 1-2 Argentina (Friendly)
- 03-07-1990 Italy 1-1 Argentina (World Cup)
- 21-12-1989 Italia 0-0 Argentina (Friendly).
Italy Last 5 Matches (MSSKM)
- 10-10-21 Italy 2-1 Belgium (UNL)
- 13-11-21 Italy 1-1 Switzerland (World Cup Qualification)
- 16-11-21 Northern Ireland 0-0 Italy (World Cup Qualification)
- 25-03-22 Italy 0-1 North Macedonia (World Cup Qualification)
- 30-03-22 Turki 2-3 Italia (Friendly).
Argentina’s Last 5 Matches (SMMMS)
- 17-11-21 Argentina 0-0 Brazil (World Cup Qualification)
- 28-01-22 Chile 1-2 Argentina (World Cup Qualification)
- 02-02-22 Argentina 1-0 Colombia (World Cup Qualification)
- 26-03-22 Argentina 3-0 Venezuela (World Cup Qualification)
- 30-03-22 Ecuador 1-1 Argentina (World Cup Qualification).
- Italy has always lost and has always conceded 2 goals in its last 3 matches against Argentina.
- Italy has only won 3 times in normal time in its last 11 matches (W3 D6 L2).
- Italy has only kept 1 clean sheet in its last 6 matches.
- Argentina are unbeaten in their last 31 matches (W20 D11 L0).
- Argentina has kept 8 clean sheets in their last 10 matches.
Predicted final score: Italy 1-2 Argentina.