Prediction Spain vs Portugal June 3, 2022
In this group, Spain and Portugal are joined by two other teams. The other two competitors are Switzerland and the Czech Republic.
In the previous edition, Spain finished as runner-up . La Furia Roja defeated France 1-2 in the final. However, Luis Enrique’s men immediately rose and ensured qualification for the main round of the 2022 World Cup.
Just like Spain, Portugal will also fight in Qatar 2022. The difference is, Cristiano Ronaldo and his friends qualify after first fighting past Turkey and North Macedonia in the play-offs .
Spain and Portugal last met in the city of Madrid in June 2021. In the warm-up match leading up to the Euros, they played out a goalless draw.
Spain (4-3-3): Unai Simon; Alba, Pau Torres, Garcia, Azpilicueta; Thiago, Busquets, Koke; Gavi, Morata, Ferran Torres.
Coach: Luis Enrique.
Portugal (4-1-3-2): Rui Patricio; Guerreiro, Duarte, Pepe, Cancelo; Moutinho; Bernardo Silva, Bruno Fernandes, Otavio; Jota, Ronaldo.
Coach: Fernando Santos.
Head-to-Head and Performance
- Meeting: 38
- Spain win: 16
- Spain goals: 75
- Draw: 16
- Portugal win: 6
- Portugal goals: 44.
Last 5 Meetings
- 05-06-2021 Spain 0-0 Portugal (Friendly)
- 08-10-2020 Portugal 0-0 Spain (Friendly)
- 16-06-2018 Portugal 3-3 Spain (World Cup)
- 06-28-2012 Portugal 0-0 Spain (Euro)
- 18-11-2010 Portugal 4-0 Spain (Friendly).
Spain’s Last 5 Matches (KMMMM)
- 11-10-21 Spain 1-2 France (UNL)
- 12-11-21 Greece 0-1 Spain (World Cup Qualification)
- 15-11-21 Spain 1-0 Sweden (World Cup Qualification)
- 27-03-22 Spain 2-1 Albania (Friendly)
- 30-03-22 Spain 5-0 Iceland (Friendly).
Portugal’s Last 5 Matches (MSKMM)
- 13-10-21 Portugal 5-0 Luxembourg (World Cup Qualification)
- 12-11-21 Ireland 0-0 Portugal (World Cup Qualification)
- 15-11-21 Portugal 1-2 Serbia (World Cup Qualification)
- 25-03-22 Portugal 3-1 Turkey (World Cup Qualification)
- 30-03-22 Portugal 2-0 North Macedonia (World Cup Qualification).
Stats and Score Prediction
- Spain won 7 of their last 8 matches (W7D0 L1).
- Spain has always won in its last 4 matches.
- Spain kept 3 clean sheets and only conceded a total of 1 goal in their last 4 matches.
- Portugal won 7 of their last 9 matches (W7 D1 L1).
- Portugal has always won by a margin of 2 goals in its last 2 matches.
- Portugal is unbeaten in their last 5 matches against Spain (W1 D4 L0).
- Portugal has always won a draw in its last 4 matches against Spain.
Predicted final score: Spain 1-1 Portugal.