Table of Contents
Italy vs Germany Prediction June 5, 2022
These two teams are in quite the opposite condition. Italy failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup, and was just beaten by Argentina 0-3 in the Finalissima. On the other hand, Germany has a better form , and has already booked a place in Qatar 2022.
Since winning the Euros, Roberto Mancini’s Italian concoction has decreased. They could only win three previous editions of the UEFA Nations League, then ran aground in the World Cup Qualification play-offs , and were finally made helpless by Argentina in the Finalissima.
Italy has even won three times in their last 12 matches. That contrasts with Germany, who had recorded eight straight wins before drawing 1-1 with the Netherlands in their last friendly.
In this edition of the UEFA Nations League, Italy and Germany are drawn in Group 3. The other two opponents are England and Hungary. This group is classified as tough, but Italy is certainly required not to continue to disappoint.
However, against Germany with quite a striking difference in form as it is today, it seems difficult for Italy to be able to achieve satisfactory results.
Italy (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Di Lorenzo, Bonucci, Bastoni, Biraghi; Barella, Tonali, Cristante; Politano, Scamacca, Pellegrini.
Coach: Roberto Mancini.
Germany (4-2-3-1): Neuer; Kimmich, Rudiger, Schlotterbeck, Raum; Gundogan, Goretzka; Havertz, Muller, Sane; Werner.
Coach: Hansi Flick.
Head-to-Head and Performance
- Meeting: 35
- Italy win: 15
- Italy goals: 50
- Draw: 12
- Germany win: 8
- Germany goals: 41.
Last 5 Meetings
- 11-16-2016 Italy 0-0 Germany (Friendly)
- 07-03-2016 Germany 1-1 Italy (Euro)
- 03-30-2016 Germany 4-1 Italy (Friendly)
- 11-16-2013 Italy 1-1 Germany (Friendly)
- 06-29-2012 Germany 1-2 Italy (Euro).
Italy Last 5 Matches (SSKMK)
- 13-11-21 Italy 1-1 Switzerland (World Cup Qualification)
- 16-11-21 Northern Ireland 0-0 Italy (World Cup Qualification)
- 25-03-22 Italy 0-1 North Macedonia (World Cup Qualification)
- 30-03-22 Turkey 2-3 Italy (Friendly)
- 02-06-22 Italy 0-3 Argentina (Finalalissima).
Germany’s Last 5 Matches (MMMMS)
- 12-10-21 North Macedonia 0-4 Germany (World Cup Qualification)
- 12-11-21 Germany 9-0 Liechtenstein (World Cup Qualification)
- 15-11-21 Armenia 1-4 Germany (World Cup Qualification)
- 27-03-22 Germany 2-0 Israel (Friendly)
- 30-03-22 Netherlands 1-1 Germany (Friendly).
Stats and Score Prediction
- Italy is winless in their last 4 matches against Germany (W0 D3 L1).
- Italy has only won 1 time in its last 5 matches (W1 D2 L2).
- Italy has only won 3 times in normal time in its last 12 matches (W3 D6 L3).
- Italy has only kept 1 clean sheet in its last 7 matches.
- Germany won 8 times and was unbeaten in their last 9 matches (W8 D1 L0).
- Germany has always scored at least 2 goals in 8 of the last 9 matches.
- Germany has kept 6 clean sheets in its last 9 matches.
Predicted final score: Italy 1-2 Germany.