Table of Contents
Chelsea vs Leicester City Prediction May 20, 2022
One win from the remaining two matches will ensure Chelsea finish in third place. For Chelsea, who just lost to Liverpool on penalties in the FA Cup final, third place can be a bit of a treat for disappointment.
However, beating Leicester is not an easy mission for the Blues. Because, Leicester are in good form after successively beating Norwich 3-0 and Watford 5-1. The striker Jamie Vardy scored two goals each in those two games.
In the 12th week, Chelsea won 3-0 at home to Leicester through goals from Chelsea Antonio Rudiger, N’Golo Kante, and Christian Pulisic.
This time, instead of serving Leicester at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea should also be able to win. However, if you look at their recent performance, it will be a little difficult to get the three points.
Chelsea (3-4-2-1): Mendy; Sarr, Rudiger, Azpilicueta; Alonso, Jorginho, Kante, James; Mount, Ziyech; Lukaku.
Coach: Thomas Tuchel.
Squad info: Chilwell (injured), Hudson-Odoi (injured), Christensen (doubtful), Silva (doubtful), Havertz (doubtful), Werner (doubtful).
Leicester City (4-2-3-1): Schmeichel; Justin, Evans, Fofana, Castagne; Tielemans, Dewsbury-Hall; Barnes, Maddison, Albrighton; Vardy.
Coach: Brendan Rodgers.
Squad info: Ndidi (injured), Pereira (injured), Bertrand (injured).
Head-to-Head in the Premier League
- Meeting: 31
- Chelsea win: 16
- Goal Chelsea: 55
- draw: 9
- Leicester City win: 6
- Goal Leicester City: 31.
Last 5 Meetings
- 20-11-2021 Leicester 0-3 Chelsea (EPL)
- 19-05-2021 Chelsea 2-1 Leicester (EPL)
- 15-05-2021 Chelsea 0-1 Leicester (Piala FA)
- 20-01-2021 Leicester 2-0 Chelsea (EPL)
- 28-06-2020 Leicester 0-1 Chelsea (Piala FA).
Chelsea’s Last 5 Matches (S-K-S-M-S)
- 29-04-22 MU 1-1 Chelsea (EPL)
- 01-05-22 Everton 1-0 Chelsea (EPL)
- 07-05-22 Chelsea 2-2 Wolverhampton (EPL)
- 12-05-22 Leeds 0-3 Chelsea (EPL)
- 14-05-22 Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool (Piala FA).
Leicester City’s Last 5 Matches (K-K-K-M-M)
- 01-05-22 Tottenham 3-1 Leicester (EPL)
- 06-05-22 Roma 1-0 Leicester (CL)
- 08-05-22 Leicester 1-2 Everton (EPL)
- 12-05-22 Leicester 3-0 Norwich (EPL)
- 15-05-22 Watford 1-5 Leicester (EPL).